|Starts:||09/17/2014 - 11:00pm|
|Ends:||09/18/2014 - 12:00am|
In partnership with the Novi Public Library, the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) will be hosting a free informational session about naturalization on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Novi Public Library, 45255 W. 10 Mile Road, Novi, MI 48375.
During this one-hour session, an attorney will provide an overview of the naturalization process, discuss requirements and eligibility, describe benefits, and answer questions.
- Can petition for more categories of family members from abroad to join them in the United States,
- Can travel abroad for extended periods of time without consequences to U.S. citizenship status,
- Can have their permanent resident children under 18 years old automatically derive citizenship,
- Are safe from deportation and removal,
- Receive certain preferential tax treatment,
- Can apply for public benefits like SSI,
- And so much more.
You may be eligible for naturalization if you have been a permanent resident for five years, or, just three years if you are also married to a U.S. citizen.