|Starts:||02/07/2014 - 12:00am|
|Ends:||02/07/2014 - 1:00am|
In partnership with the Ann Arbor Chinese Christian Church, the Michigan Immigrant Rights Center (MIRC) will be hosting a free informational session about naturalization on Thursday, February 6, 2014 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the1750 Dhu Varren Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105.
During this one-hour session, an attorney will provide an overview of the naturalization process, discuss requirements and eligibility, describe benefits, and answer questions.
- Can petition for more categories of family members from abroad to join them in the United States,
- Can travel abroad for extended periods of time without consequences to U.S. citizenship status,
- Can have their permanent resident children under 18 years old automatically derive citizenship,
- Are safe from deportation and removal,
- Receive certain preferential tax treatment,
- And so much more.
You may be eligible for naturalization if you have been a permanent resident for five years, or, just three years if you are also married to a U.S. citizen.
Mandarin-speaking interpreter will be present.